Crown is an excellent way a damaged tooth can be restored and saved, without it being removed.
The situations where you may need a crown:
There are several kinds of crowns:
- You have a very large filling
- You have a broken tooth
- Your tooth is irregularly shaped
- You have staining on your tooth
- You have had a root canal treatment
A crown can last for up to ten years if properly cared for.
- A combination of the two
- Keep in mind that a crown is not as strong as a real tooth and therefore extra care must be taken
Your dentist will be shaping the tooth that requires the crown. Then an impression is taken and crown is fabricated in dental Laboratory. This crown is cemented on to the prepared tooth.